E-transfer is a simple, convenient, and fast way to send and receive money directly from one bank account to another. All you need is access to on-line banking and you can send money to anyone with an email address and a bank/credit union account in Canada – without sharing any personal or financial information. If you would like to set up on-line banking please contact one of Crosstown Civic Credit Union's branches.
It’s easy. You can send and receive e-transfers with on-line banking access, an email account, and a bank/credit union account in Canada all from your own account through Crosstown Civic Credit Union's on-line banking.
It’s convenient. You can use a computer or mobile phone to send or receive an email by text or email. Note, only the notification travels electronically. You don’t need to know the recipient’s bank information, and they never see yours. All that is exchanged is contact details and a security question the sender creates to claim the funds. The funds remain within the financial institution and are transferred through the same channels used for clearing cheques and processing ATM and POS transactions. It’s quick. You can use a mobile phone or computer to send or receive money by text or email. Recipients are notified within about 30 minutes of the sender initiating the transfer to claim/deposit the funds electronically.
Follow these simple steps:
- Log in to Crosstown Civic Credit Union Online Banking and navigate to the 'Transfers' screen
- Select 'Send Interac e-Transfer®'
- Set up your profile by inputting your email address as indicated
- Set up your recipient(s) by entering their name and email address on the Add/Delete Recipients page. You can also choose to notify your recipient via text, in which case you would enter their mobile phone number.
- Create a security question that only they will know the answer to.
- Once you've set up your profile and recipient(s), select your recipient from the dropdown list on the Send Interac e-Transfer® page. Indicate the amount you'd like to send. Please note: Your account will be debited the amount you have sent as well as any applicable fees.
- Your recipients will recieve a notification within 30 minutes that you have sent them an Interac e-Transfer®; they can follow the links to deposit the funds into their account.
Please note the following:
• Daily, weekly and monthly limits apply.
• Fees apply which are non-refundable.
• The member is responsible for any unauthorized use and must ensure the service is only used on protected channels.
Now available: Request Money and Autodeposit e-Transfer features.
Request Money allows you to easily request money they are owed. Here’s how it works:
- Select a contact; enter an amount and an account where funds are to be deposited as part of the request.
- Add a personalized message, if desired.
- An Interac e-Transfer notification will then be sent to the contact.
- Once they receive the notification, they can fulfill the request by logging into their online banking, and the funds will be immediately deposited into your bank account.
- Whoever initiates the request will pay the $1 fee.
Autodeposit is a secure way to receive money without having to answer security questions for every transaction. Here’s how it works:
- Link your email address to your CCCU account.
- Select “Autodeposit,” enter your email address, and select the account that you want associated together.
- When an Interac e-Transfer is sent, the payment will automatically be deposited into the bank account associated with you remail address – no need to select the Financial Institution, login to online banking and answer a security question.
- You will receive a notification that funds were deposited.
- Service fees will be paid by the sender.