Edge Start Savings
Give them a head start with an Edge Start savings account!
A beginner’s account to help kids learn how to start saving.
- Available to: Members 0 to 13 years of age (Must be joint with a parent or guardian until age 13)
- Service fees: $0 (First $5 investment paid by Crosstown Civic Credit Union; fees may apply to Interac®/CIRRUS® ATM transactions))
- Daily Interest Rate: Please see our rates schedule.
- Your first savings account—with no monthly fee.
- Transaction capabilities and earned interest.
- Debit card available with parent or guardian authorization. Let your child get their first taste of financial independence and accountability by giving them their own debit card.
- Unlimited Manitoba transactions. Allow your child access to their account within designated limits, and under parental guidance, with unlimited counter withdrawals at the branch, free point-of-sale purchases, and free Manitoba credit union ATM transactions.
- Earn interest right away – there is no minimum balance required to earn interest. Interest is calculated on daily closing balance and paid on the last day of the month. Interest paid is eligible for bonus annually under our Member Rewards Plan.
- Deposits guaranteed without limit by the Deposit Guarantee Corporation of Manitoba (DGCM). You can feel secure knowing both your principal and interest are guaranteed.
- Enrollment in the Member Rewards Plan—all interest earned on non-registered deposits qualifies for patronage and share allocations.
Edge Start account members are also eligible for GIC investments with Crosstown Civic – $100 minimum for 1 – 7 year GIC terms.
Visit your local branch today to open an Edge Start savings account for your child!
*A $5.00 deposit is required for membership with Crosstown Civic Credit Union.