Our 13-20 year-old members can now be on the financial cutting Edge!
The Youth Edge account is perfect for the young money-maker: chequing privileges with tiered savings help teach youth how to transition to the financial responsibilities of adulthood or post-secondary education.
- Available to: Members 13 to 20 years of age
- Service fees: $0 (First $5 investment paid by Crosstown Civic Credit Union*; fees may apply to Interac®/CIRRUS® ATM transactions)
- Chequings and savings rolled into one—with no monthly fee. It’s the flexibility of a chequing account with competitive tiered interest rates for saving.
- Freedom to spend, within limit. A Flash® enabled debit card is available.
- No charges on common transactions: bill payments, cheque clearing, counter (in-branch) withdrawals, Manitoba Credit Union ATM’s, access at Point of Sale (Interac Direct Payment).
- Get the perks for a couple extra years. Members with this account don’t have to give up the perks once they turn 18—we’ll give them two extra years to prepare for adulthood. Save wisely!
- Higher balance, higher interest. Earn higher interest at each balance tier on the account. Interest is calculated on daily closing balance and paid on last day of each month, also eligible for bonus annually under our Member Rewards Plan.
- Deposits guaranteed without limit by the Deposit Guarantee Corporation of Manitoba (DGCM). You can feel secure knowing both your principal and interest are guaranteed.
- Special discounts on other products and services: annual $5.00 discount on safety deposit box rental, customized cheques available with parent/guardian authorization, AND $100 minimum amount for 1-7 year GIC terms (vs. $500 standard minimum).
- Enrollment in the Member Rewards Plan—all interest earned on non-registered deposits qualifies for patronage and share allocations.
Visit your local branch today to open a Youth Edge account!
*A $5.00 deposit is required for membership with Crosstown Civic Credit Union.