Student Edge Account
Take the Edge off your financial future with a Student Edge account.
The Student Edge account has all the benefits of a chequing account plus tiered savings to help you transition to the financial responsibilities of post-secondary education.
- Available to: Full-time students who are enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution*
- Service fees: $0 (fees may apply to Interac®/CIRRUS® ATM transactions)
- Chequings and savings rolled into one—with no monthly fee. It’s the flexibility of a chequing account with competitive tiered interest rates for saving.
- Get student perks, no matter your age. Whether you’re entering university straight from high school or returning to brush up on your education, you can benefit from a Student Edge account no matter your age*.
- Reduced interest rate loans available (OAC) to registered students.
- No charges on common transactions: online banking bill payments, cheque clearing, unlimited debits, Manitoba Credit Union ATM withdrawals, access at Point of Sale (Interac® Direct Payment).
- Student MasterCard: no annual fee and most purchases are protected with an extended warranty. Using, building, and understanding credit couldn't be simpler.
- Higher balance, higher interest. Earn higher interest at each balance tier on the account. Interest is calculated on daily closing balance and paid on last day of each month, also eligible for bonus annually under our Member Rewards Plan.
- Deposits guaranteed without limit by the Deposit Guarantee Corporation of Manitoba (DGCM). You can feel secure knowing both your principal and interest are guaranteed.
- Special discounts on other products and services: annual $5.00 discount on safety deposit box rental, customized cheques available, AND $100 minimum amount for 1-7 year GIC terms (vs. $500 standard minimum).
Visit your local branch today to open a Student Edge account!
*A full-time student will be defined as someone taking 18 credit hours or three full courses per semester. There is no age limit but proof of enrollment is required annually in order to maintain these account benefits.