The Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) has notified us that a legal strike or lockout at Canada Post could come as early as Monday, Oct. 22. Should this occur, you may experience some delays in communication with Crosstown Civic Credit Union. We will share more information on our website as we receive it.
Should mail service experience a significant disruption, the following procedures will be taken for common member needs and communications:
- General Communication: We will contact you immediately by phone about any time sensitive issues
- Member Statements: We will continue to print statements and forward them to your home branch until such time as Canada Post resumes service delivery. We will post on our website when statements are available to be picked up.
- Collabria Credit Cards: If you have a Collabria credit card, you will expected to continue to make payments by the due date during any postal disruption. You can continue to make payments through online banking. New cards, replacement cards, statements and letters sent by mail will experience delays.Balances, payment amount/minimum payment and due dates are available through: MyCardInfo or by calling Card Services at 1-855-341-4643.
- Cheque orders: Please contact us to request more cheques and we will do our best to fulfill these orders. Normal fees will apply and cheques will need to be picked up in branch.
- ATM cards: Personalized ATM cards will not be available until Canada Post resumes service. Please visit your branch to receive a non-personalized card that can be issued instantly.
Please check back regularly for important updates, or contact your branch if you have questions.