E-transfer is a simple, convenient, and fast way to send and receive money directly from one bank account to another. All you need is access to on-line banking and you can send money to anyone with an email address and a bank/credit union account in Canada – without sharing any personal or financial information.
It’s easy. Visit any Crosstown Civic branch to sign up. You’ll then be able to send and receive e-transfers to anyone with on-line banking access, an email account, and a bank/credit union account in Canada.
It’s convenient. You can use a computer or mobile phone to send or receive an email by text or email. Note, only the notification travels electronically. You don’t need to know the recipient’s bank information, and they never see yours. All that is exchanged is contact details and a security question the sender creates to claim the funds. The funds remain within the financial institution and are transferred through the same channels used for clearing cheques and processing ATM and POS transactions. It’s quick. You can use a mobile phone or computer to send or receive money by text or email. Recipients are notified within about 30 minutes of the sender initiating the transfer to claim/deposit the funds electronically.
Follow these simple steps:
- Log in to Crosstown Civic Credit Union Online Banking and navigate to the 'Transfers' screen
- Select 'Send Interac e-Transfer®'
- Set up your profile by inputting your email address as indicated
- Set up your recipient(s) by entering their name and email address on the Add/Delete Recipients page. You can also choose to notify your recipient via text, in which case you would enter their mobile phone number.
- Create a security question that only they will know the answer to.
- Once you've set up your profile and recipient(s), select your recipient from the dropdown list on the Send Interac e-Transfer® page. Indicate the amount you'd like to send. Please note: Your account will be debited the amount you have sent as well as any applicable fees.
- Your recipients will recieve a notification within 30 minutes that you have sent them an Interac e-Transfer®; they can follow the links to deposit the funds into their account.
Please note the following:
• Daily, weekly and monthly limits apply.
• Fees apply which are non-refundable.
• The member is responsible for any unauthorized use and must ensure the service is only used on protected channels.