The best defense against fraud is education and awareness. This Fraud Awareness Week we would like to highlight some tips to help keep you safe from cyber fraud. The prevalence of technology and the popularity of Online Banking has made banking a whole lot more convenient, but with this convenience comes different types of fraud to look out for. Now more than ever it is important to be aware of the best ways to keep your information safe.
- Do not use public wifi to access online or mobile banking or any other private information
- Change your passwords regularly
- Never click to accept an e-transfer from an individual you do not know or an e-transfer that you aren't expecting
- Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software to protect your data from viruses, malware and keep others from gathering information based on your online habits
- Never click on a banner ad or pop-up window asking you to agree
If you have become a victim of fraud please contact your branch as soon as possible.